Nov 10 2009
For all employees hired on or after October 26, 2009, the New York State Department of Labor requires employers to notify the employee, in writing, of their pay day and pay rate. The new law states that the notice:
1. Must be in writing in compliance with New York Labor Law Section 195.1.
2. Must include the regular rate of pay, overtime rate and regular payday.
3. Must be provided on a form available from the NYS Department of Labor. Get the form here: www.labor.state.ny.us/workerprotection/laborstandards/PDFs/LS_52_Hourly_Rate_Plus_Overtime.pdf
4. Must be given to new employees before they do any work.
5. Employer must receive a written acknowledgment that the employee has received the notice.
For more info, see the NYS Department of Labor circular at: www.labor.state.ny.us/workerprotection/laborstandards/PDFs/P705_E.pdf